Since 1773, the Little Greene Dye Works of Collyhurst Wood on the outskirts of Manchester has been one of the ancient industrial sites in England for the making of paints and dyes, originally making dye solutions for the cotton trade.
Nearly 250 years later, their philosophy is still lead by a real desire and determination to use the highest quality materials to create the best quality paints.
All products are manufactured in the UK to an exceptionally high standard; designed to be beautiful, durable and stand the test of modern living.
All Little Greene paint colours are available in discerning finishes for all applications: not just walls, ceilings and woodwork, but floors, brickwork, front doors and radiators too. Many of our shades are based on naturally occurring compounds using centuries-old mineral pigments, including oxides of iron and the transition metals. Their depth of colour is achieved by using complex formulations and up to 40% more pigment than ordinary paints, creating undertones that subtly change in different lights and provide real character and definition.
Little Greene’s environmentally friendly paints and wallpapers are among the highest quality available. We insist on using only the finest natural, organic and safe-synthetic pigments, giving superb depth of colour, high covering power and the long life required from modern paints.
- Water-based paints which far exceed all legislation on VOCs.
- Oil-based paints that have been formulated to use naturally occurring vegetable oils.
- Greater coverage means less resources used.
- Our Absolute Matt Emulsion and all Little Greene’s ‘Intelligent’ finishes have been certified as Child Safe under BS EN71 3:2013 (also known as the ‘Toy Paint Regulations’).
- Recycling – all packaging contains recycled materials and can be recycled again upon disposal.
- Safe factory – certified to European Environmental Standard BS EN ISO 14001: 2004.